Thursday, May 15, 2014

Clean Eating Taco Soup


I decided to take a version of our favorite Taco Soup and make it a little bit more clean. When I was out searching for a recipe I came across this fantastic one from one of my fellow beachbody coaches Melanie Mitro. It turned out really great and I was so excited to discover that it turned out really great! I encourage you to give it a try! See the recipe below. Comment if you try it and let me know how you like it!

Ingredients
1 cup taco cheese
3/4 c nonfat greek yogurt
1 15 oz can of white beans (drained and rinsed)
1 15 oz can of black beans (drained and rinsed)
1 4 oz can of diced green chilis
1 15 oz can diced tomatoes
1 cup reduced sodium chicken broth
1 cup frozen or fresh corn
1 lb of ground turkey
2 tbsp fresh lime juice
1 clove garlic minced
1/2 tsp onion powder
1 tbsp fresh oregano chopped
1/2 tsp paprika
1 tsp cumin
1 tbsp dried cilantro
2 tsp Mccormick fiesta lime seasoning blend

Directions
In a large stock pot brown the ground turkey while seasoning it with the different seasonings as well as the minced garlic.
Add in the chicken broth, beans, corns, and tomatoes.
After this has come to a boil add in the greek yogurt and 1/2 cup of the taco cheese.
When serving sprinkle with taco cheese if desired.
Enjoy!

No comments :

Post a Comment