Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Super Moist Banana Bread


Super Moist Banana Bread 


I woke up this morning craving banana bread but didn't want to make my normal recipe because it was full of oil, lots and lots of sugar and calories I didn't want. I decided I would check out Pinterest and I stumbled upon this one. It was a win! My little one and I had a great time making it. He helped the entire time and was proud of our treat. He kept calling it cake. I let him think it was cake! Enjoy! 


Ingredients

  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 3/4 tsp. baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 3 very large ripe bananas, mashed well
  • 6 T. butter, melted and cooled
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1/4 cup plain yogurt
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
Directions 
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8 1/2 by 4 1/2 inch baking pan.
Whisk the flour, sugar, soda, and salt together in a large bowl. In a medium bowl combine the mashed bananas, butter, eggs, yogurt, and vanilla. Stir to combine the wet ingredients. Gently fold the banana mixture into the flour mixture until just combine. Don't over mix. The batter should be thick and chunky.
Scrape the batter into the greased pan and bake until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean, about 55 minutes.
Let the banana bread cool in the pan for 10 minutes and then remove it from the pan and let it cool on a wire rack for at least one hour before serving.

*This recipe was found on pinterest from http://www.blessthismessplease.com/2013/04/the-best-banana-bread-recipe.html 

No comments :

Post a Comment