Thursday, August 14, 2014

Fresh Pesto

Fresh Pesto Sauce

I have wanted to make homemade pesto sauce for years but never had the time or the excess basil but this summer I planted lots and lots of basil so I could finally make my very own pesto! Tonight I conquered the mission. I was amazed with how quick, easy and fresh it turned out. I had no complaints other than it made my breath stink ha ha.

Here is what you will need
3 cups of fresh basil
1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
1/3 cup pine nuts
3 cloves of garlic minced
½ cup of grated Parmesan cheese
Sea salt and pepper to taste

Directions
In a food processor add in all ingredients except the last 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil. Process until smooth. Turn off food processor and scrape the sides. Add in the last 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Process again.

Enjoy!
Pesto can be stored in the fridge for up to 5 days or in the freezer for 4 months!

No comments :

Post a Comment