Monday, September 1, 2014

Clean Cream of Chicken Condensed Soup

Clean Cream of Chicken Condensed Soup 
As I try my hardest to keep the things that I make for my family clean and chemical free I am finding that many of our old favorite recipes call for cream of chicken or cream of mushroom. While I love how quick it is to open a can of Campbells - I find there are too many ingredients that don't quite match our lifestyle, so I decided to make my own and let me just say - wow - this tastes way better! 

When using in recipes, measure out the same quantity called for in canned soup. This recipe makes 3 cups of homemade condensed cream of chicken soup, which is equal to about 2 cans of commercial brands.
To make this into cream of chicken soup for serving alone, use equal parts milk and soup base. Cook in a nonstick saucepan on medium-low heat until evenly hot. 
Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups organic chicken broth
1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt (or less; taste to test)
1/4 teaspoon parsley
1/8 teaspoon of paprika
1 1/2 cups milk
3/4 cup flour
Directions:
1. In medium-sized saucepan, boil chicken broth, 1/2 cup of the milk, and the seasonings for 2 minutes.
2. In a bowl, whisk together the remaining 1 cup of milk and flour.
3. Add the flour/milk mixture to the broth mixture. Continue whisking briskly until mixture boils and thickens.

Recipe found from momswhothink.com

No comments :

Post a Comment