Monday, November 24, 2014

Easy One Pot Italian Dinner




Ingredients
1/2 box of whole-wheat spaghetti pasta
1 pint of cherry tomatoes
1 can (14 oz) or diced tomatoes (you can use fresh but I only had a can this time around)
1 ½ teaspoons of sea salt
1 tablespoon of crushed red pepper
1 teaspoon of black pepper
32 oz of organic chicken or vegetable broth, I typically pick vegetable but today I had chicken on hand.
1 cup of fresh basil
3 cloves of fresh garlic minced
1 medium sized onion diced
Parmesan cheese and fresh parsley for garnish, I also like to add in kalamata olives.

Directions
Using a large stockpot place all ingredients in the pan. When adding the pasta in, break the noodles in half before putting into the mixture. Allow mixture to come to a boil and cook until the noodles are al dente.

Serve and garnish with Parmesan cheese as well as parsley. I often also like to add in olives.  

This recipe serves 4

No comments :

Post a Comment