Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Blackberry Pom Margaritas

Blackberry Pomegranate Margarita



What can I say; I am a margarita girl when it comes to picking a special drink. If I am going for a cocktail I will usually always swing for that option. This holiday season I decided I wanted to make my own, but I wanted mine to be a little healthier than the ones you can get in a restaurant or bar. Most of those margaritas are made with lots of premade mixes, which have oodles of sugar and calories in them. We made these to go with one of our holiday dinners. The color is perfect for Christmas! Cheers to a fabulous drink! Enjoy!

Recipe makes 1 serving

Ingredients
·       2 shots gold tequila
·       2 shots 100% pomegranate juice
·       1/2 shot triple sec
·       Juice of one lime
·       Ice
·       Pomegranate seeds -a tablespoon or so per cocktail
·       4 blackberries muddled
·       Sugar for rim – I used organic but it really does not matter
·       Lime wedge, to garnish

Instructions
1.    Using a lime wedge, moisten the lip of your glass.
2.    Pour some sugar out onto a small plate and dip the rim of your glass into the sugar. This should sugar your rim. Add a few ice cubes to your glass and set aside.
3.    In a shaker filled with ice, add in your tequila, pomegranate juice, triple sec, lime juice and blackberries. Shake vigorously.
4.    Pour your drink into your glass with the sugared rim.
5.    Add in your pomegranate seeds and stir.
6.    Garnish with a lime wedge and serve.
If mixture is too strong for your liking add in more pomegranate juice.




No comments :

Post a Comment