Sunday, February 22, 2015

Steel Cut Oats with Apples


This winter has been a harsh one this year and I find myself wanting something warm and filling to eat on the weekend when I can stay in and just be cozy with my boys! This steel cut oats and apple one was amazing! I cooked the oats according to the package for just one serving. The boys are not huge fans of oatmeal so I just made this one for myself. I used the Trader Joes Quick Cook Steel Cut Oats. As I was cooking them I added in diced apples. I used an entire apple. Cooking it with the oats gave it enough time to get the apples soft. 

Then I added in a small handful of walnuts, a dash of cinnamon, vanilla and sea salt as well as a tablespoon of cashew butter and a splash of vanilla almond milk. 

I did not follow a specific recipe for this one I just doctored it up myself. Worth a try on a cold morning!!! Kept me full for quite some time! 

Stay warm! 

No comments :

Post a Comment