Friday, April 24, 2015

Fresh Summer Salad with Creamy Cashew Dressing

Fresh & Fruity Summer Salad





This has been the LONGEST winter ever! We basically skipped spring here in Happy Valley! Yesterday it was even snowing! I have been craving fresh summer foods for months now so I decided to whip up a salad that would remind me of the warm sunny days ahead of me. I also wanted to get creative and make up a new dressing. I used Pinterest and decided to make a spin off of some that I came across so here is what I came up with. 

Salad Ingredients
Fresh lettuce (I love Romaine but any kind would do, baby spinach would taste great too!)
Feta Cheese
Pecans or Walnuts

Grapes
Blueberries

Chicken Ingredients 
3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
Coconut oil 
Herb de provence seasoning 
Pink sea salt and black pepper 

Dressing Ingredients
  • 3 tablespoons  organic cashew butter
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
  • 3 tablespoons water
  • 1 tablespoon stoneground mustard
  • ½ tablespoon raw honey
  • ¼ teaspoon salt, more to taste
  • ½ teaspoon garlic

Combine salad ingredients in the bowl and set aside.  Cut chicken breast into bite size pieces. On the stove top -  pan cook the chicken. I like to cook mine in coconut oil for a nice tropical taste. Season the chicken and cook until its browned. Add to salad when you are finished cooking it.

To prepare the dressing combine ingredients in a food processor and blend until creamy. Enjoy!
Tastes great as a dipping sauce too! My son is not a salad fan so he used the dressing as a dip for his chicken.


No comments :

Post a Comment