Friday, September 25, 2015

Peanut Butter Bars - Fixate Cookbook Style

This is healthy? Seriously? Stop.... 

fixate, fixate cookbook, autumn calabrese, 21 day fix, 21 day fix extreme, 21 day fix meal plan, 21 day fix recipe, sarah griffith, elite beachbody coach,
Everything you need to whip up a pretty darn good dessert! 
Here's the deal I HATE TO BAKE. Like hate it. I can cook you anything but if you put me in charge of desserts you would have been better to send me to the grocery store. Ask my husband if you don't believe me. That's why when I got the fixate cookbook, I pretty much just skipped right over the dessert section. Well this past week I was craving some sweets but didn't want to ruin all the hard work I had been putting in with T25. (That's the program I am currently working out with. 3 weeks in, no stopping me now.) I pulled out the cookbook and decided to see if I had anything on hand that I could somehow turn into a treat. The peanut butter bars looked easy and appealing so I went for it. What a win! I loved it and what I loved even more was that it really wasn't all that unhealthy. They were very moist and had a nice after taste. I will absolutely be making these again. Check out the recipe below to see how I made them.

Ingredients 
2 eggs
Pure vanilla extract - 2 tsp.
Maple syrup - 1/2 cup
Baking soda - 1/2 tsp.
All natural creamy peanut butter - 1 1/2 cups

Directions 
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
Spray a glass 8x8 pan - I used coconut oil
Combine all ingredients using a mixer
Layer into the pan using a spatula
Cook for 20 - 25 minutes
Allow to cool before cutting into squares
ENJOY!!!

Want to learn more about what the fixate cookbook is? Check out my video below! 

Click here to get your hands on a copy of the cookbook! 

fixate, fixate cookbook, autumn calabrese, 21 day fix, 21 day fix extreme, 21 day fix meal plan, 21 day fix recipe, sarah griffith, elite beachbody coach,
The final product. Not too fancy looking but sure tastes great! 

No comments :

Post a Comment