Monday, February 15, 2016

Quinoa Breakfast Bowl

Not Your Momma's Oatmeal....

gluten free, gluten free breakfast recipes, gluten free breakfast, quinoa recipes, Hammer and chisel recipes, sarah griffith, top beachbody coach,

With my new Hashimoto's diagnosis, I have decided to take the plunge into going gluten free. My doctor is encouraging me to give it a solid three months and see how I feel. After reading the book "The Root Cause." I really began to feel more strongly about this decision. It seems like it should help me to feel significantly better. I have made a commitment to "go all in" for these next three months and then decide afterwards if I plan to continue it. I am keeping a food journal and paying careful attention to how I am feeling after I eat different foods. 

While I already eat pretty clean and low carb, I still would have pasta here and there and enjoyed a warm slice of fresh bread every once in awhile. I realize I am further ahead than many would be when it comes to going gluten free, but I still have my work cut out for me. 

When I was doing my meal plan for this coming week, I wanted to try some new recipes and this breakfast bowl was one of the first ones I went after. Here is how I made it: 

Ingredients 
Plain quinoa 
Pure maple syrup 
1/2 ripe banana 
Small handful of organic blackberries 
Natural peanut butter 
1 teaspoon of chia seeds 
Organic cinnamon 

Directions
Cook quinoa according to the package 
Once the water is absorbed add in 1 tablespoon of natural peanut butter and 1 teaspoon of pure organic maple syrup. 
Sprinkle a dash of cinnamon into the mixture then stir 
Once you place the quinoa mixture into the bowl top with bananas, blackberries and chia seeds 
Drizzle natural peanut butter over the top and enjoy! 

If you would like to learn more about the health benefits of quinoa you can also check out this awesome article about the 7 benefits from including quinoa into your diet. Check here to check it out! 

Fill out my online form.
Online contact and registration forms from Wufoo.



No comments :

Post a Comment