Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Italian Anyone??? Easy Breakfast Option 


gluten free, gluten free breakfast, quiche, breakfast quiche, caprese quiche, sarah griffith,

I should confess. I have a slight obsession with all things tomato and basil. It's funny because growing up I hated tomatoes. Since I transitioned to clean eating this has become one of my favorites. I put together this breakfast quiche option and skipped out on having a crust since I am gluten free. Turns out, I don't even miss the crust. The egg combo holds together well. I encourage you to give it a try. Especially if you are doing low carb or gluten free. 

Ingredients 
  • ½ of a small onion diced 
  • 1-2 cloves garlic minced up 
  • 1 pint of grape tomatoes cut in half 
  • ⅓ cup packed fresh basil, chopped
  • 4 ounces fresh mozzarella shredded 
  • 4 large eggs
  • 2 large egg whites
  • ¾ cup milk 
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • ¼ teaspoon black pepper

Directions 
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
In a skillet cook chopped onions and garlic until tender. I used a bit of butter to help brown it. Once cooked, set aside.
In a large bowl combine eggs, egg whites, milk, salt and pepper. Wisk together.
Cut tomatoes in half. Add into the egg mixture.
Next add in the mozzarella cheese and basil.
Pour into a glass pie pan or round baking dish.
Top with salt and pepper, a bit of cheese and a few tomatoes for garnish.
Cook in the cover for 50 minutes uncovered.

Enjoy! Serves 6.


No comments :

Post a Comment