Monday, September 1, 2014

Stuffed Banana Peppers with Chicken and Rice

Stuffed Banana Peppers with Chicken and Yellow Rice 
While the picture does not look all that attractive - they tasted great! 

This summer I grew lots of yummy peppers in my garden but I seemed to have an excess of banana peppers this year – so did my dad. When I was back home this weekend he offered me a big bag of them. I took them home and decided I would try to get creative and make up something we had not had before.  I wanted to stuff them so I set out for a rice and chicken combo. Turned out pretty great! If you have the same banana pepper problem I do this might be a great recipe to put them to use.

Here is what you will need
12 banana peppers – sliced open down the center – seeds removed and washed
Olive Oil
Cooked / shredded chicken
Saffron Rice (Yellow Rice)
Cream of Chicken Soup- I made homemade but you could use canned
Cheddar Cheese

Directions
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
Boil chicken for about 20 minutes or until cooked
While chicken is cooking clean peppers and drizzle with olive oil
Bake for about 20 minutes uncovered
While peppers are cooking shred cooked chicken into pieces
Prepare saffron yellow rice according to package
If you are going to make your own cream of chicken soup follow that recipe while rice is cooking otherwise once rice has cooked according to package add in cream of chicken soup and shredded chicken.
Mix together and allow mixture to sit for 5 minutes so that flavors can mix together
Stuff peppers with mixture and top with cheddar cheese
Bake for 20 more minutes or until cheese is brown

Enjoy- Serves 4 (3 peppers each)

No comments :

Post a Comment